Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snowed In

Northern Europe has been paralyzed with snow.  Here are some pictures of our village this morning.  We've gotten about 8 in. (20 cm) of snow since Friday.  I'm so grateful that Walt was able to fly in from Africa Friday before the snow and we are all happily snowed in together.


A Dutchman told me this morning that in his 60+ years in Holland, he's never seen snow like this.


Because this is what they do...








Since no one here plows or shovels, the roads are fit only for pull sleds.  I'm asking Santa for two ponies and a sleigh for Christmas.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Precisely one of the many reasons why I love snow - you can show off your photography skills :) and is any photo shoot of the Netherlands complete without the bicycles! I love your pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent last week in Friesland -- fortunately not nearly as snowy as further south, but it was icy and very cold. Fortunately I made it to the airport yesterday and made it back to the US where I live right now. Phew.

    Great pictures!

    Prettige Kerstdagen en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MFL, Wow, you were lucky getting out in all the weather. I am happy we had no Christmas travel plans this year.

    I hope you had a wonderful visit home. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photographs - and quite a snow :)
    Happy New Year from one expat to another! XO L

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are really pretty! It's still cold in southern Italy, but we don't get any snow. I love the Netherlands.

    Rambles with Reese

    ReplyDelete